Users participating in the project receive training in horticulture and associated processes. The project also focuses on emotional training in aspects such as relationship work, tolerance of frustration when initial expectations are not met, satisfaction with witnessing a whole process of growth and food donation, and so on.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- Develop the autonomy and learning of people with disabilities.
- Promote the creation of accessible orchards in disused community spaces for people with physical or sensory disabilities, and thus expand the target population participating in the roof garden project.
- Expand the social dimension when donating surplus crops.
- Know the social impact of the project in relation to the people with intellectual disabilities and mental disorders involved.
- Disseminate and share the project in dissemination activities.