This project aims to minimize the waste associated with the food of the workers of the Iberital company by cultivating in situ part of the food that is consumed in the dining room of the company. To this end, an urban hydroponic garden has been installed and set up next to the dining room, with the aim of achieving:
- Reduce the use of packaging, plastic bags and other waste from the marketing of vegetables.
- Reduce food waste in the transport and storage of vegetables.
- Reduce energy costs associated with the transport of goods and the travel of Iberital workers to points of sale.
In addition to these three main objectives, other secondary objectives can be achieved:
- Rehabilitate and use a space of the ship so far underused.
- Bring urban agriculture, understood as a healthy, educational and satisfying activity, closer to Iberital staff.